An upgraded Twilio project defaults to automatically recharging your project balance when it falls under $10. If automatic recharge is not used, you can manually add funds to your Twilio project at any time.
All Twilio projects have a default notification trigger that is hit when your balance reaches $5. When this threshold is met, a notification will go out to your email address advising that your balance is low.
The notification trigger is meant as a reminder to refill your project balance, and prevent it from hitting zero (or negative), and being suspended. To automatically refill your project balance as needed, set a payment recharge trigger.
To add a custom balance notification trigger, please contact Support.
Manually Refill your Project Balance
- Access the Billing Overview page in Console.
- Under "Current Balance", click Add Funds.
- Select the "Payment Method" option, and then click Select Payment Method.
- Choose the desired payment method, and then click Select.
Note: If the desired payment method is not listed, click Add a Payment Method.
- Enter the desired balance to add, and then click Add Funds.