Users with a promotional code can easily add it to their Twilio project by logging into Console. This guide explains following methods for adding a promo code:
Click one of these topics to skip directly to the process.
Add a promo code to an upgraded Twilio project
- Access the Billing Overview page in Console.
- Click Add Funds.
- Click Promo Code, then enter your code and click Add to my balance
Use a promo code to upgrade a Twilio project
- Login to your Twilio project at www.twilio.com/console.
- Click Upgrade Link at the top of the screen.
- In the "Main Address"section, select the country where you will consume Twilio services. This information will be used for taxation purposes. When you finish adding your address - click on Continue, that will take you to the next page.
- On the "Tax information" page, you can enter your Tax Number. Twilio may need to collect tax on the services sold, in order to abide by local laws. Please provide your tax number so that we can apply this correctly to your invoice. If you are a private individual, not a company - you can select "No, I cannot provide a tax number". Click on Continue, when ready.
- The next step is the "Fund your account" where you can select the Promo Code option
Notice: If you enable the Auto Recharge checkbox to automatically charge your payment source you will be prompted to enter a payment method. Leaving this option as disabled allows your project to hit zero (or negative) balance, and would require you to manually add funds to prevent account suspension. Click on Continue.
Congratulations! We've upgraded your account and applied your promo code.
Notice: If you have not enabled Auto Recharge on Step 5 - Your account won't have a payment method assigned to it. If you want to add one - please follow the guide here.