All newly created Twilio projects get a free trial for testing our services. To upgrade your project, and remove all trial limitations, you'll need to add your billing information and charge your initial account balance. This guide explains the upgrade process.
Notice: Free trial projects are given a small balance for limited testing. Upgrading your project removes these trial limitations, and any remaining free trial balance. The beginning balance on an upgraded project will be limited to the amount funded while upgrading (see Step 5), or the amount of a promo code used to upgrade.
- Login to your Twilio project at www.console.twilio.com/.
- Click Upgrade Link at the top of the screen.
- In the "Main Address"section, select the country where you will consume Twilio services. This information will be used for taxation purposes. When you finish adding your address - click on Continue, that will take you to the next page.
- On the "Tax information" page, you can enter your Tax Number. Twilio may need to collect tax on the services sold, in order to abide by local laws. Please provide your tax number so that we can apply this correctly to your invoice. If you are a private individual, not a company - you can select "No, I cannot provide a tax number". Click on Continue, when ready.
- The next step is the "Fund your account" where you can select how much would you like to start your account balance with? Note that on the same page you can also select the option to upgrade your account with a Promo Code, if you have one, when ready - click on Continue.
Notice: Enable the Auto Recharge checkbox to automatically charge your payment source, and refill your project balance when it falls the specified amount. Disabling this option allows your project to hit zero (or negative) balance, and would require you to manually add funds to prevent account suspension.
- The last page of the Upgrade process is the "Payment Method" page, here you can select the desired payment method to charge your account and you can enter the requested information. In case you are paying with PayPal - you can select the PayPal option that will take you to the relevant flow to add your account with them and process the payment.
When ready - click on Confirm Payment at the bottom of the page
Note: If your billing address matches your main address, leave the "Yes, my billing address is the same" selected, if not - unselect it and enter the address of your card.