The following topics are discussed in this guide. Click a topic to skip directly to this information:
In Belgium we offer porting for the following number types:
- Geographic (local)
- National (+3278)
- Toll-Free (+32800)
Please note that most of International Phone Numbers have VOICE capability only. Only Mobile numbers have VOICE and SMS. Below are instructions for porting Belgium phone numbers into Twilio. You can find porting summary and timelines here.
Belgium Porting Requirements
- The full list of numbers that you wish to port in E164 format, eg: +[XXXX XXXX].
- Letter of Authorization (LOA) signed by the authorized user and/or owner of the number(s). Note that the information on your LOA must match the authorized user name and service address provided by your current carrier. You can find the LOA required for the Belgium numbers below:
- Donor Operator: Put the name of your current communication provider as per invoice. This must be verified with operator name information available on public domain here.
- Phone Number(s): This shall contain the details of start number range to port.
- Phone Number(s): This shall contain the details of end number range to port.
- Holder’s Name: Name as registered with losing communication provider.
- VAT Number: Enter the VAT number details from the invoice.
- Holder of the Installation address: Enter the details of installation address from which numbers are required to be ported.
- Signatory’s Name: Mention the full name of person signing the LOA.
- Holder’s Signature: This contact person at customer site is authorised to request number portability on Company’s behalf.
- Date of Signature: Enter the date on which you sign the LOA. LOA is valid for 90 days from the signed date.
- A scanned or electronic copy of the most recent phone bill (within the last 30 days) that includes the account number and authorized user’s name for all the numbers you would like to port.
- Your Twilio Account SID (Your unique ID starting with “AC” that you can find on the main dashboard in Twilio Console).
- Additionally, upload compliance documents before submitting your port request. You can see the full list of required documents here.
- Upload your documents in the Twilio Console by selecting “Phone Numbers” > “Regulatory Compliance“ > “Bundles” or follow the link here.
- Choose the country, the phone number type and follow the instructions. Processing of the compliance documents may take up to several business days. Once your documents have been accepted, please share the associated links that start with "BU" and "AD" along with the porting request via email.
Belgium Porting Process
- Submit your porting request with all the requirements in place to email@example.com.
- Twilio approves the port request. If everything in Step 1 is correct, you can expect Twilio to approve your port request within 24 business hours.
- Twilio submits the number to the Carrier Partner. This can take up to 24 business hours. Your request is then submitted to your soon-to-be former carrier as a port request. During this time, do not close your account with your carrier and keep your numbers active.
- Twilio’s Carrier Partner reaches out to the Losing Carrier. This can take around one week to complete.
- Response from the carrier. At this point, your request is either approved or rejected:
- Approved: If approved, Twilio will notify you about a porting date.
- Rejected: Rejections can occur due to various reasons. For example, invalid VAT Number or invalid/incomplete range of numbers. Read more about common reasons for port request rejections here. Additionally, you will likely need to reach out to your losing carrier to find out what’s needed to move forward. Rejections may add an undetermined amount of time to your porting request.
- Twilio reaches out to you with a porting date. Twilio emails you with a porting date and time slot if known. Your number is on your Account and can be visible in the Twilio Console.
- Configure your number. It is critical to configure your number prior to the porting date. This will minimize the service downtime. You can configure the numbers from the Twilio Console.
- Your phone number is with Twilio. Once your number(s) is routing to Twilio and everything works as expected, you can remove the number(s) from your former provider.
We charge a one-time porting fee for Belgium, for more details please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.