Users can add their local service address to their Twilio project in Console. In addition to the service address, we also have a Business Tax ID or VAT Number field here. This guide will explain why we need this information, and how to add or modify it.
How Does Twilio Use this Information?
Due to international tax laws, Twilio charges taxes for our products and services to customers in a number of locales.
- Service Address: This is used to determine if we need to charge taxes for the products or services used on your project. This should be the address where Twilio services are consumed.
- Business Tax ID or VAT number: This is required for Business-to-Business (B2B) customers to prevent unnecessary tax charges. Business-to-Consumer (B2C) customers, or those with invalid Tax ID / VAT numbers will be charged all appropriate sales taxes by default.
Add or Update an Address and Tax ID
- Access the Billing Preferences page in Console.
- Add or update your company’s service address, and then click Save.
- Business Name
- Business Tax ID or VAT number (Click here for formatting help)
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Postal Code
- Twilio will process the submitted address, and may suggest an alternative.
- Click Use This Address if you're sure the submitted address is correct as-is.
- Click Use Suggested Address to use the Twilio suggestion.