You can use Alphanumeric Sender ID to send messages to supported countries when using Messaging Services. Twilio will automatically select your Alphanumeric Sender ID when sending to a supported country, unless you have a short code for that country in your pool.
Add Alphanumeric Sender ID to a Messaging Service
To add an Alphanumeric Sender ID to your Messaging Service, follow these steps:
- On the Messaging Services Console page, click on the Messaging Service you want to add the Alphanumeric Sender to.
- Click "Sender Pool" on the left side menu.
- Click "Add Senders" on the right side of the console.
- Select "Alpha Sender" from the drop-down
- Click "Continue" and specify the Alphanumeric Sender ID you wish to use.
Alphanumeric Sender ID Formatting Requirements
Alphanumeric Sender IDs can contain up to 11 characters from the following categories:
- Upper-case letters A - Z
- Lower-case letters a - z
- Numbers 0 - 9
- The following special characters can be used:
Alphanumeric Sender IDs must contain at least one letter.
You can find the full list of countries where Alphanumeric Sender ID is supported in the FAQ International support for Alphanumeric Sender ID.