Drilling functions in Flex Insights allow using attributes and metrics in reports and dashboards as links to drill-down for granularity, or to drill-through your workspace to other objects or external URLs. You can specify drilling actions for the subsequent object(s) in order to have multiple levels of granularity.
Drilling in Reports
Available in the Analytics Portal, you can drill from metric values in a report, to a sub-report that breaks down the value by a pre-defined attribute. For example, you can drill down from a month-based count of conversations, to a customers' country-based count for the selected metric value.
Drilling in Dashboards
Available in the Analytics Portal, you can configure three types of drilling actions from Dashboards. Make any metric and/or attribute value in a dashboard's report clickable in order to drill to:
- Attributes: The report will show a detailed view of the value, broken down by the configured attribute.
- Report: A new report will be displayed, providing a detailed view of the selected value.
- Dashboards: The linked dashboard tab will open.
In this example, there is a dashboard with a report of conversations with multiple segments. You can configure Drilling in the metric (count of) Segments to have a detailed view of the segments in a conversation.
Drilling in KPI Dashboards
Available both in Flex UI and in the Analytics Portal. Similar to classical Dashboards, you can configure drilling actions in KPI Dashboards, called Interactions. Make any metric and/or attribute value in a KPI dashboard's insight clickable in order to:
- Drill into dashboard: The linked KPI dashboard will open.
- Drill into insight: A new insight will be displayed, providing a detailed view of the selected value.
- Drill into URL: Open the target URL in a new window, or make the dashboard send a POST message to the custom URL. Drill to URL from Dashboards.
In this example, the dashboard has an insight with conversations and customer phone numbers. This attribute is used to look up for call details in Twilio Console Call Logs. Note how the customer's phone number (From) is used as a placeholder in the URL.