The following topics are discussed in this guide. Click a topic to skip directly to this information:
In Ireland we offer porting for the following number types:
- Geographic (local)
Please note that most of International Phone Numbers have VOICE capability only. Only Mobile numbers have VOICE and SMS. Below are instructions for porting Irish phone numbers into Twilio. You can find porting summary and timelines here.
Ireland Porting Requirements
- The full list of numbers that you wish to port in E164 format, eg: (+[XXXXXXXX]).
- Letter of Authorization (LOA) signed by the authorized user and/or owner of the number(s). Note that the information on your LOA must match the authorized user name and service address provided by your current carrier. You can find the LOA required for the Irish numbers below.
- To (Donor Operator): Put the name of the customer’s current communication provider as per invoice.
- Recipient Operator Name: Please Keep this empty.
- From: Put the customer name and registered address as per mentioned in the latest invoice.
- Account No.: This is the account number of customer registered with losing communication provider.
- Telephone Number/s: This shall contain the details of numbers customer wishes to port.
- Signed: Customer must duly sign the LOA in this field.
- Print Name: Write the name of authorised person signing the LOA at customer end in block letters.
- Contact Number: Put the contact details of the requestor for reference.
- Date: Enter the date on which customer signs the LOA. In general, customer LOA is valid for 90 days from the signed date
- Position in Company: Mention the job title of the contact person at customer site being authorised to request number portability on Company’s behalf.
- A scanned or electronic copy of the most recent phone bill (within the last 30 days) that includes the account number and authorized user’s name for all the numbers you would like to port.
- Your Twilio Account SID (Your unique ID starting with “AC” that you can find on the main dashboard in Twilio Console).
- Add your service address that matches your phone number(s) locality here. Then, please share the associated link(s) that start with "AD" for us to connect your phone number(s) to the correct address.
Ireland Porting Process
- Submit your Porting request, with all requirements in place, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The number gets approved by Twilio. If everything in Step 1 was done correctly, you can expect Twilio to approve your port request in 24 hours.
- The number is submitted to Twilio’s Carrier Partner. This can take up to 24 hours. Your request is then submitted to your soon-to-be former carrier as a port request. During this time, do not close your account with your carrier and keep your numbers active.
- Twilio’s Carrier Partner reaches out to the Losing Carrier. This can take around one week to complete.
- Response from the carrier. At this point, your request will either be approved or rejected:
- Approved: If approved, you will receive a porting date of when your number will be ported to Twilio.
- Rejected: Rejections can occur for a variety of reasons, such as incorrect account number or invalid/incomplete range of numbers. Read more about common reasons for port request rejections here. Additionally, you will likely need to reach out to your losing carrier to find out what’s needed to move forward. Depending on the needs of the carrier, this will add an undetermined amount of time to your porting request.
- Twilio reaches out to you with your porting date. Twilio will send you an email of your porting date for when your number will be transferred to Twilio. Once your porting date has passed and you’ve verified the number has transferred to your Twilio project, you can begin using your number. Please configure your number at this time.
- Configure your number. It is critical to set up the URL in advance of the port date so that everything is ready for when traffic ports over to Twilio. You can configure the numbers from your Twilio account portal.
We charge a one-time porting fee for Ireland, for more details please reach out to email@example.com.