Before we begin
Due to regulatory requirements, there is sometimes a need for documents to be signed by customers to ensure that registrations are done on behalf of customers that have the right to use the Sender ID. This serves to ensure that traffic is coming from legitimate sources and minimizes any potential misuse.
This article outlines the documentation requirements for a pre-registration in Nigeria.
Things to note
This article outlines the documentation requirements for pre-registration of Domestic customers with SMS volume more than 30,000 SMS/month and that are either promotional or banking related Sender ID in Nigeria.
Notice: If you are not based in Nigeria, these instructions will not apply to you. You will not need to provide any documentation to register your Sender ID.
In Nigeria, we support local routing only for networks Celtel, 9mobile, MTN and Globacom. In order to process your banking alphanumeric sender id registration, we require the following documents:
- 4 No Objection Certificates (NOCs) each addressing a different operator
- Certificate of Incorporation (For Transactional)
- CAC License (For Transactional)
- For Digital Money Lenders- CBN Certificate + valid Money Lenders approval from FCCPC
To get you up and running as quickly as possible, please fill out the documents completely and accurately and provide any other required information. Please do use the examples provided for guidance. Note that mobile network carriers are very strict about the details! We highly recommend that you download the examples (hit right click, and select 'Save Image As...') and do a side by side comparison when you are filling out the documents.
Complete the NOCs
These NOCs authorize Twilio, Inc., to register and send branded SMS messages on your behalf, and apply to both banking and corporate alphanumeric sender ids.
- Sender company’s letterhead
- Sender company's name
- Sender company's address
- Alphanumeric Sender ID requested
- Sender company’s nature of work/industry (e.g., Information Technology, Retail, Transportation, Consumer Goods)
- Use case of Sender ID(s)
- Title and name of Sender’s authorized signatory (e.g., CEO, CFO)
- Signature of authorized signatory
- Sender company stamp
- Sample message template
Note: We strongly recommend that you download the examples below as images and follow them, field by field, when filling out the LOAs.
Once you have downloaded the forms, follow these general instructions:
- Fill in the yellow highlighted fields—completely replace each field with your own information. If a field is not highlighted, don’t change it.
- If you have questions on how to fill in the required fields, refer to the annotated examples we provided for each field.
- Have the documents signed by an authorized signatory of the Sender.
- In the highlighted fields, add the Sender’s letterhead and/or logo, stamp and sign where indicated.
- Upload the forms to the Twilio Alphanumeric Sender ID Registration Form.