The following topics are discussed in this guide. Click a topic to skip directly to this information:
In Puerto Rico we offer porting for the following number types:
- Geographic (local)
NOTE: Toll-free numbers can be submitted via the Twilio Console porting tool. Please be sure to check the information on how to submit these requests.
Puerto Rico Numbers support both VOICE and SMS. However, please note that unlike Puerto Rico, most of International Phone Numbers have VOICE capability only. Below are instructions for porting Puerto Rican phone numbers into Twilio. You can find porting summary and timelines here.
Puerto Rico Porting Requirements
Please include in the body of the e-mail the following information (all information is mandatory to proceed with the porting process):
- The Twilio Account SID where you would like the number(s) ported.
- A list of the phone number(s) you want to port, either pasted in the email body or attached in a spreadsheet.
- The authorized user or owner’s first and last name.
- The corresponding service addresses. This must be an actual physical address. PO Boxes are not valid addresses for porting.
- Current Customer’s account number.
Please also attach to the email:
- Letter of Authorization (LOA) signed by an authorized user of the number(s). Note that the information on your LOA must match the authorized user name and service address provided by your current carrier.
- Customer Service Record (CSR) or the most recent bill.
- A CSR is a complete record indicating the information that the existing carrier has on file for your number.
- Bill: A scanned (or electronic) copy of the most recent phone bill (preferably dated within the last 30 days that includes customer’s account number, owner/authorized user name and address information for all the numbers you’d like to port).