Stopping recurring charges on your Twilio project releases all paid resources, but allows you continued access to your logs, history, and more. This is an effective way to stop paying recurring charges for phone numbers and subscriptions, as it does not permanently close your project. Instead, it allows you to stop any new charges, and easily return to your project in the future.
Stopping all recurring charges will remove the following from your Project:
- Phone numbers
- Short codes
- Call recordings
Note: Once removed, call recordings can't be recovered. We strongly suggest downloading any recordings you need prior to stopping recurring charges on your project.
If you have subscribed to a paid support plan, you can downgrade your subscription through the Support Plans page in Console.
Stop Recurring Charges Process
Note: This functionality will remove all resources from your Project. If you continue to notice recurring charges, or need help releasing a limited number of resources, please contact our Support team.
You can manually stop recurring charges on your project from Console:
- Access the Project Settings page in Console.
- Click Authenticate to make changes at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your password, and then click Verify to authenticate..
- Click Close Project at the bottom of the screen.
- Select "KEEP PROJECT DATA AND SETTINGS BUT STOP RECURRING CHARGES", and then click Continue.