Updating your Twilio password on a regular basis gives you extra peace of mind when it comes to protecting your account from fraud.
Here's how to change your Twilio login password:
- Login to your account at www.twilio.com/console.
NOTE: If you don't know your current password, enter your email address on the login screen, and then click Forgot Password.
- Click your user in the upper right corner of the window and select User Settings.
- Scroll down to the Password section, and click Send link to reset password.
- You will receive instructions on resetting your password to your email address.
- Click Reset your password and follow the instruction to change your password.
- Once you change your password, you will be immediately logged out of your Twilio account. You can login again with your new password.
We require your password be at least 16 characters, but do not have a requirement for special characters. We generally recommend using a passphrase, or a long sentence with special characters, as these have proven difficult to crack.
We also suggest avoiding using personal information, usernames, repeated or consecutive characters or words, or similar or repeated passwords.
For full details, see Minimum Password Requirements for Twilio.