We realize that payment with a credit card is not always the most convenient option for Twilio's higher volume customers. An alternative method for consuming Twilio services is to setup billing by invoice. Invoiced customers are emailed a monthly invoice for the charges incurred, with net payment terms to pay the invoiced amount. This guide explains how Twilio customers can request invoiced billing.
Who Is Eligible for Invoiced Billing?
Customers can request billing by invoice with an associated 12 to 36 month agreement. Interested customers should reach out to our Sales team. They will be happy to look into the possibility of setting up invoicing for your project.
Can I receive invoices without setting up billing by invoice?
Every customer, including Pay-as-you-go customers, can receive and view Twilio invoices.
- Pay-as-you-go customers are provided invoices to help save a record of their Twilio usage. Since these customers pre-pay for their Twilio services, the invoice clearly state that there is no balance due.
- Invoiced customers are billed via the invoice, and are required to pay the invoiced amount based on their net payment terms.
How long will it take to activate billing by invoice?
Activating billing by invoice is a multi-step process and takes between 2 to 5 weeks.
To elaborate more on the process, every customer request goes through the following:
- A sales conversation to work through the correct pricing structure for your usage.
- A credit check process where we might ask you for additional information.
- Switching your Twilio billing setting on the backend to allow payment in arrears.
Credit checks may require the below information:
- Legal company name
- Primary Account SID
- Accounting Contact Full Name
- Accounting Contact email
- Accounting Contact Phone #
- D&B number - DUNS number
- Information on investor/private funding
- Financial Statements showing cash assets
- Service Address
Notice: this is not an exhaustive list; you may be asked for more or less information in order to perform the credit check.
I received a recharge notification although I was moved to billing by invoice. Can you help?
We recently noticed a few invoiced customers were erroneously sent recharge, credit card charge, or suspension notifications. We are working on fixing this via improved automation. Meanwhile, please disable auto recharge on your console (steps here) and create a support ticket to inform us of the issue and we will fix it.