This article applies to the accounts migrated from KDDI accounts to Twilio accounts. If you only have a trial account, you don't need to take any action at the moment. When you upgrade your account, please set up the billing and payment method information.
As part of the migration of your account from KWC to Twilio Japan GK, Twilio needs customers to provide accurate billing and payment method information to Twilio. Please complete billing set up by 5/22 JST.
What do you need to do?
Log into your Console and navigate to:
- Billing Preferences to update your service address and tax ID information.
- Payment Settings to update your payment method. Please follow the steps below to update the payment method.
Steps to update the payment method:
1) Delete the payment associated with the recharge trigger.
Note: If you don't see any credit card showing on the Payment settings page under the Payment methods tab, the credit card was reset during this migration. Please skip this section and continue from the step Adding a new credit card to your Twilio project and complete step 3 and 4.
- Go to Payment Settings page and click on Auto Recharge tab.
- Click Disable Auto Recharge at the bottom of the page to delete your recharge trigger.
2) Delete the credit card previously added to your Twilio project.
- Return to the Payment methods tab and click on the credit card you wish to delete.
- Click on Delete this payment method at the bottom of the Credit card details page.
- Repeat this step for all the credit cards added to your Twilio project.
3) Add a new credit card to your Twilio project.
Notice: If you were using Paypal as your payment method, you won't be able to use Paypal as the payment method anymore. Please add a credit card as your new payment method.
- Return to the Payment methods tab and click the link to add a payment method.
- Enter the requested information, and then click Add card.
NOTE: Please ensure your address matches what your bank has on file.
4) Return to the Auto Recharge tab and configure auto recharge.
- Add the "When balance goes below" amount.
When your account balance goes lower than the amount set here, the auto recharge will be triggered.
- Add the "Bring my balance back up to" amount.
This is the amount that you would like your account balance to be after the recharge. For example, if you set the amount to be 10000 yen and your current balance is 4995yen, you will be charged 5005 yen.
- Select your newly added card in the dropdown as your Primary Payment Method and click Save.