A2P 10DLC registration will be available as part of a phased onboarding approach through the Trust Hub (in the Twilio Console) and via API. We are currently in the pilot stage. You will receive an invitation via email when we are ready for you to begin onboarding. There are important limitations during the pilot, which are being eliminated over time. Please see Limitations of A2P 10DLC pilot access for details.
With the announcement of upcoming changes in the US carrier ecosystem for A2P messaging over 10-digit long code, businesses sending messages to the US using long code numbers must register their US A2P Brands and A2P Use Cases to ensure optimal delivery to AT&T. Individual developers, hobbyists, and businesses sending smaller volumes of messages will have access to a streamlined registration option; details on this option are forthcoming.
Extensive details on deadlines, fees, and frequently asked questions are provided in What is A2P 10DLC?
The onboarding process will be slightly different, depending on whether your business is a “direct brand” business or an Independent Software Vendor (ISV). Read on to determine which one applies to you.
- Is your business a direct brand, or an ISV?
- I’m using SMS for a small business or a personal project. What should I do?
- What information do I need in order to register?
Is your business a direct brand, or an ISV?
Your company sends messages for your own products and services. For example, you are Shoe Company A and you send messages related to your products, order updates, etc.
If this describes your business, you will follow our onboarding process for direct brands.
In short, the steps to get set up and using A2P 10DLC as a direct brand are:
Once registration begins you will be able to:
- Create a Business Profile on Twilio’s Trust Hub in Console
- Register an A2P Messaging Profile in Twilio Console
- Register your US A2P Brands corresponding to your Business Profile
- Register your messaging A2P Use Case(s)
- Associate each of your A2P Use Cases with a Messaging Service
- Send messages and enjoy the benefits of 10DLC A2P to AT&T
Please see here for our complete Direct Brand onboarding guide: Direct Brand U.S. A2P 10DLC Onboarding Guide
Independent Software Vendor (ISV)
Your company provides messaging services to other businesses, who have their own brands. For example, a company that provides communication services to hair salons or hotels is an ISV.
Twilio will be offering two options for registering your customers:
- Starter Brand: For clients sending fewer than 3,000 SMS message segments and MMS a day to the United States. These clients can be registered with reduced customer data, and no Brand and Campaign registration fees.
- Standard Brand: For clients sending greater than 3,000 SMS segments and MMS a day to the United States. These clients are registered via the process outlined in ISV Onboarding Guide, including complete US A2P Brand and Campaign Use Case registration.
ISV registration is currently in pilot stage and registration will be available as part of a phased onboarding approach. Please see here for our complete ISV onboarding guide: ISV U.S. A2P 10DLC Onboarding Guide
I’m using SMS for a small business or a personal project. What should I do?
As of May 27, 2021, we are working on finalizing details of a streamlined registration option for Twilio customers sending fewer than 3,000 SMS message segments and MMS messages per day to the United States. This registration option will have lighter information requirements and reduced registration cost.
We will share more information about this option in the coming weeks.
What information do I need in order to register?
Standard Brand registration:
Each business will need the following information in order to register. This means you will need to collect this info for your own company if you are a direct brand. If you are an ISV (see above), you will need to collect this information for yourself as well as each of your clients.
Points of Contact
One authorized representative with the following info:
A second point-of-contact may also be provided, but is optional.
Starter Brand registration:
Twilio's "Starter Brand" registration option for smaller customers and ISV end clients will have reduced customer info requirements than the Standard Brand requirements listed above. Twilio is finalizing details and will share further information when we have it.