Notice: New Requirements for A2P 10DLC Registrations
Twilio has deprecate the ability to register new Starter Brands due to updated registration requirements from The Campaign Registry (TCR).
Customers should no longer submit new Starter Brand registrations. The new Low Volume Standard Brand should be used if you have a Tax ID (EIN) and low traffic requirement (less than 6,000 messages per day ). Low Volume Standard Brands can be used for mixed messaging campaigns with multiple use cases, multiple numbers per campaign, higher throughput and lower filtering than current Starter Brands. Low Volume Standard Brand registration will be available for $4 USD. Campaign registration fees that used to be $50/campaign setup will be waived. (Note that Standard Brand and campaign registrations were previously available for $94 USD.) Low Volume Mixed use case campaigns have a monthly fee.
A2P 10DLC registration is available through the Trust Hub (in the Twilio Console) for account Owners and Admins to complete – click here to get started. If you are an ISV-type customer, you can also register yourself and your clients via our registration API.
Notice: Only account Owners and Admins have access to submit A2P 10DLC registrations. Users without proper access (Developers, Billing, Support users) will see a 502 Bad Gateway or 403 access error.
Registration is required for all customers with an EIN sending messaging traffic to the United States using long code numbers.
There are some limitations to be aware of, which are being eliminated over time. Please see Current limitations of A2P 10DLC for details.
Individual developers, hobbyists, and businesses without a Tax ID (EIN), the registration requirements have changed. Please await further guidance on registration.
Extensive details on deadlines, fees, and frequently asked questions are provided in What is A2P 10DLC?
The onboarding process will be slightly different, depending on whether your business is a “direct brand” business or an Independent Software Vendor (ISV). Read on to determine which one applies to you.
- Is your business a direct brand, or an ISV?
- I’m using SMS for a small business or a personal project. What should I do?
- What information do I need in order to register?
- I think I completed registration, but I am not sure if all of my messaging is registered. How can I make sure?
Is your business a direct brand, or an ISV?
This article provides a quick overview of direct vs. ISV-type customers. For a more detailed description, see Am I a direct customer or an ISV (for A2P 10DLC registration)?
Your company sends messages for your own products and services. For example, you are Shoe Company A and you send messages related to your products, order updates, etc.
Please see here for our complete Direct Brand onboarding guide: Direct Brand U.S. A2P 10DLC Onboarding Guide
Independent Software Vendor (ISV)
Your company provides messaging services to other businesses, who have their own brands. For example, a company that provides communication services to hair salons or hotels is an ISV.
Twilio will be offering the following options for registering your customers:
- Starter Brand: Effective October 04, 2022, Twilio is retiring Starter Brand registrations for US 10DLC messaging. Please see our blog post for more details on this change and alternative registration options.
- Low Volume Standard Brand: For clients with a Tax ID (EIN) sending less than 6,000 SMS segments and MMS per day to the United States. The Low Volume Standard Brands allow Low Volume Mixed Messaging campaigns, multiple numbers per campaign, higher throughput, and lower filtering. These clients are registered via the process outlined in ISV Onboarding Guide, including complete US A2P Brand and Campaign Use Case registration.
- Standard Brand: For clients with a Tax ID (EIN) sending greater than 6,000 SMS segments and MMS a day to the United States. Standard Brands allow for all campaign types, multiple numbers per campaign, higher throughput, and lower filtering. These clients are registered via the process outlined in ISV Onboarding Guide, including complete US A2P Brand and Campaign Use Case registration.
Please see here for our complete ISV onboarding guide: ISV U.S. A2P 10DLC Onboarding Guide
Still not sure if you are a direct or ISV? See Am I a direct customer or an ISV (for A2P 10DLC registration)?
I’m using SMS for a small business or a personal project. What should I do?
If you have a Tax ID (EIN) see the above Standard registration options. If you do not have a Tax ID (EIN) please await further guidance. The previous Starter Brand registration option is been retired and Twilio is working with the industry to develop a new option for non-EIN customers that meet the new requirements. Please refer to Twilio’s blog post for additional details on starter changes.
What information do I need in order to register?
Standard Brand registration:
Each business will need the following information in order to register. This means you will need to collect this info for your own company if you are a direct brand. If you are an ISV (see above), you will need to collect this information for yourself as well as each of your clients.
Points of Contact
One authorized representative with the following info:
A second point-of-contact may also be provided, but is optional.
Starter Brand registration:
Effective October 04, 2022, Twilio is retiring Starter Brand registrations for US 10DLC messaging. Please see our blog post for more details on this change and alternative registration options.
I think I completed registration, but I am not sure if all of my messaging is registered. How can I make sure?