A2P 10DLC registration is available through the Trust Hub (in the Twilio Console) – click here to get started. If you are an ISV-type customer, you can also register yourself and your clients via our registration API.
Registration is required for all customers who send more than 3,000 messages per day or use more than 5 long code numbers for messaging to the US.
There are some limitations to be aware of, which are being eliminated over time. Please see Current limitations of A2P 10DLC for details.
Individual developers, hobbyists, and businesses sending fewer than 3000 messages per day using 5 or fewer long code numbers will have access to a streamlined registration; details are forthcoming.
Extensive details on deadlines, fees, and frequently asked questions are provided in What is A2P 10DLC?
The onboarding process will be slightly different, depending on whether your business is a “direct brand” business or an Independent Software Vendor (ISV). Read on to determine which one applies to you.
- Is your business a direct brand, or an ISV?
- I’m using SMS for a small business or a personal project. What should I do?
- What information do I need in order to register?
- I think I completed registration, but I am not sure if all of my messaging is registered. How can I make sure?
Is your business a direct brand, or an ISV?
This article provides a quick overview of direct vs. ISV-type customers. For a more detailed description, see Am I a direct customer or an ISV (for A2P 10DLC registration)?
Your company sends messages for your own products and services. For example, you are Shoe Company A and you send messages related to your products, order updates, etc.
Please see here for our complete Direct Brand onboarding guide: Direct Brand U.S. A2P 10DLC Onboarding Guide
Independent Software Vendor (ISV)
Your company provides messaging services to other businesses, who have their own brands. For example, a company that provides communication services to hair salons or hotels is an ISV.
Twilio will be offering two options for registering your customers:
- Starter Brand: For clients sending fewer than 3,000 SMS message segments and MMS a day to the United States. These clients can be registered with reduced customer data, and no Brand and Campaign registration fees. More information on Starter Brand registration can be found in our blog post on A2P 10DLC Starter Brands and in our ISV Starter A2P 10DLC Registration Overview.
- Standard Brand: For clients sending greater than 3,000 SMS segments and MMS a day to the United States. These clients are registered via the process outlined in ISV Onboarding Guide, including complete US A2P Brand and Campaign Use Case registration.
Please see here for our complete ISV onboarding guide: ISV U.S. A2P 10DLC Onboarding Guide
Still not sure if you are a direct or ISV? See Am I a direct customer or an ISV (for A2P 10DLC registration)?
I’m using SMS for a small business or a personal project. What should I do?
If you send fewer than 3,000 SMS message segments and MMS messages per day to the United States, using 5 or fewer phone numbers, you do not need to do anything right now. Twilio plans to introduce a streamlined registration with lighter information requirements to accommodate our smaller customers.
What information do I need in order to register?
Standard Brand registration:
Each business will need the following information in order to register. This means you will need to collect this info for your own company if you are a direct brand. If you are an ISV (see above), you will need to collect this information for yourself as well as each of your clients.
Points of Contact
One authorized representative with the following info:
A second point-of-contact may also be provided, but is optional.
Starter Brand registration:
Twilio's Starter Brand registration option for smaller ISV end clients will have reduced customer info requirements compared to the Standard Brand requirements listed above. To create a Starter Brand you will only need to provide the following information from each client:
- Full name (first and last)
- Email address
- Billing address
- Phone number
For more information see our ISV Starter A2P 10DLC Registration Overview.
I think I completed registration, but I am not sure if all of my messaging is registered. How can I make sure?