Many countries have regulatory requirements that need to be fulfilled before numbers from that country are able to be provisioned to Twilio accounts.
Notice: Not all numbers that have regulations to consider require a regulatory bundle to be submitted. Some countries and number types only require a valid address in order for a number to be considered compliant.
Table of Contents
- How to create a Regulatory Bundle
- How to check on Regulatory Bundles
- Regulatory Bundle Approval Process
- Next Steps
How to create a Regulatory Bundle
To get started with creating a regulatory bundle and submitting it for review, follow these steps:
- Go to the Phone Numbers Regulatory Compliance Guidelines to see what is required by local regulators.
- Collect the required documentation from the End-Users.
- Go to the Twilio Console.
- Go to Phone Numbers > Regulatory Compliance.
- Create a Regulatory Bundle and submit it for review.
- Wait for Twilio to review the Regulatory Bundle — the review process will take up to two business days. Read more about the Regulatory Bundle Approval Process here.
- Once the Regulatory Bundle has been approved, assign the Bundle to phone number(s).
How to check on Regulatory Bundles
If you close the browser while preparing your Bundle, or if you want to check the status of a Bundle previously submitted,
- Log into Console.
- Click Phone Numbers > Regulatory Compliance > Bundles to continue editing an in-progress bundle, or to check the bundle status.
Please contact our Support team with any questions. Be sure to provide the Bundle SID (e.g. starts with
BUxxx as displayed under the Regulatory Bundle Friendly Name).
Regulatory Bundle Approval Process
Once submitted, the Bundle will go into the approval process. The approval process may take up to 3 business days, plus any processing time for mailer delivery confirmation. The results of your Bundle submission will be emailed from firstname.lastname@example.org to your designated email address.
If your Bundle is rejected, you will be provided the reason(s), and the application will be returned to Console where you may make the necessary changes and re-submit your application.
During the mail delivery, the status will be "In Review".
Once the Bundle is approved, you will be able to purchase the target Phone Number, or you can assign the new Bundle resource to existing Phone Numbers on your account.
Once you've confirmed that your Regulatory Bundle has been approved, you are able to perform the following processes:
- View a phone number you already own in Console, and then add your approved bundle.
- Purchase a new phone number via Twilio Console, or our REST API.
If you have any questions about this guide, or would like to provide feedback, please contact our Support team, and include the URL to this guide.