In Authy / Verify, when the API key you are using does not have the proper permissions, or the template ID is not correct, the email integration will return the error SendGrid API key is not correct or doesn't have the required permissions. This guide explains how to resolve this issue.
Check API key permissions
If you are seeing the above error, we recommend first checking to see that the API key has the proper permissions.
- Log into SendGrid UI.
- Go to the API key page.
- Click on the Gear icon on the right to Edit API Key.
- Find the Access details for Template Engine at the bottom of the list and make sure it has Read Access.
- Click Update.
- Save the email integration configuration on the Twilio console.
Verify your Template ID
If your API key has the proper permissions, next check to see that the Template ID you're using is correct.
- Go to the Dynamic Templates page on SendGrid.
- Click on the template's name to expand the versions available.
- Check the template ID matches with the one entered on Twilio console:
- Copy the template ID to avoid any typos and paste it on the DEFAULT TEMPLATE ID field in the email integration configuration on Twilio Console.
- Save the email integration configuration.