Before we begin
Due to regulatory requirements, there is sometimes a need for documents to be signed by customers to ensure that registrations are done on behalf of customers that have the right to use the Sender ID. This serves to ensure that traffic is coming from legitimate sources and minimizes any potential misuse.
This article outlines the documentation requirements for a pre-registration in Cuba.
Things to note
- All Sender IDs may only contain uppercase or lowercase letters. Operators in Cuba do not support combinations of letters and numbers, or Numeric Sender IDs.
- Promotional Senders are not supported for Cuba as of November 2021.
To register your Alphanumeric Sender ID, the Cuba network operator Cubacel require that you provide the following document:
- Cuba Requirement Form
Upload the forms to the Twilio Alphanumeric Sender ID Registration Form.
Required fields include:
- Name of the APP: (Sender ID Requested)
- Company: (Company Name)
- Country of Origin: (Country where the company is located)
- Sample SMS:
- Description: (Description of the service)
- Intention of application usage in Cuba:
- Type of Traffic: Transactional
- Commercial Brand: (Example: Legal name Google LLC. but the commercial brand Nest (Nest is one of the product of Google))
- Website: (Company URL)
- CEO Name:
- Identification of CEO (ID, passport number, driver's licence):
- Nationality of CEO:
- CEO email address:
Note that local provider is very strict with description part and CEO details. Please try to be as detailed as possible in the "Description" section.
CEO Details are also being checked and if provider is not able to find confirmation of the details on CEO, it can be rejected.