Under A2P 10DLC, T-Mobile (including Sprint) is imposing daily message limits. This sets a total number of outbound SMS segments and MMS messages that your registered A2P Brand can send toward T-Mobile (and Sprint) subscribers per day. For details, see T-Mobile daily message limits for long code messaging with A2P 10DLC.
Customers who need the ability to send more than 200,000 daily SMS segments and MMS to T-Mobile must follow the below procedure to submit T-Mobile Special Business Review (SBR) requests. ISVs who have clients with this messaging volume requirement must submit the SBR on behalf of their client. Please download and complete this Twilio SBR Submissions template. Additional guidance, including specifics on each field in the template, is below. If you have further questions about the T-Mobile SBR process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For customers who have registered through Twilio (most common)
- For customers registered with TCR directly and using Twilio's Externally Registered Campaigns API (uncommon)
For customers who have registered through Twilio (most common)
- All fields listed in the template are mandatory. Blank rows without any detail will be treated as an incomplete submission and will not be processed. You will be asked to correct your submission and resubmit your SBR.
- In some places, the SBR template includes drop-down menus with predetermined options. For those fields, you must choose from the values in the drop-down. Any entries that are not part of the options provided will be treated as an incomplete SBR. Customers will have to correct that with the right formatting and resubmit their SBR again for processing and approval.
- Customers must submit their fully completed SBR to email@example.com with the subject line: Special Business Review - <Business Name> - <Date of Submission>. (If you are an ISV submitting for your client, please include your company name in addition to the client company's name).
- Submissions must be received by Twilio by Monday 12pm Pacific US Time in order to be processed the same week. Twilio will submit SBRs to to T-Mobile in batches by Tuesday 12pm Pacific every week.
- Any submissions received after Monday 12pm Pacific Time will be submitted the following week.
- Upon receipt of the SBR submission, Twilio will follow up with you via the ticket that you submitted. The current turnaround time for review and approval by T-Mobile is 5 business days. This turnaround time may be subject to change.
Template fields and explanations
- Brand Name - Brand Name. It should be the same as the brand name that was registered (If ISV client is the brand, it should be in this format: ISV Name - <Brand Name>)
- Daily Traffic Forecast - Forecasted maximum daily messages to T-Mobile. This should be a maximum value based on your burst capacity, i.e. your highest expected daily message volume.
- Primary Message Usecase (Required) - Select from the dropdown options in the cell
- Secondary Message Usecase - Select from the dropdown options in the cell
- Tertiary Message Usecase - Select from the dropdown options in the cell
- Campaign Overview: Description of your campaign. If multiple campaigns, just update campaigns for the primary usecase.
For customers registered with TCR directly and using Twilio's Externally Registered Campaigns API (uncommon)
This section is only relevant to ISV-type customers who have been approved by Twilio to register their Brands and Campaigns directly with TCR, and use Twilio's Externally Registered Campaigns API to connect their registrations to Twilio. Twilio does not recommend this option; for more details see
Can I go directly to The Campaign Registry for US A2P 10DLC registration?
If you are using the Externally Registered Campaigns API, and you or your client need more than 200,000 daily SMS semgents and MMS to T-Mobile, you must follow the below procedure to submit T-Mobile Special Business Review (SBR) requests. ISVs who have clients with this messaging volume requirement must submit the SBR on behalf of their client.
Please use the Twilio SBR Submission - ERC template and the guidance below to submit your requests. If you have questions regarding the SBR submission process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information listed above for standard SBR submissions also applies to you if you are registering directly with TCR, with only a few differences:
- Customers must submit their fully completed SBR to email@example.com with the Subject "Special Business Review - <Customer Name> - <Date of Submission> - ERC API" (If ISV is submitting for their client, please include the ISV name besides the client name).
- There are some additional fields in the template that you must complete if you are using the Externally Registered Campaigns API.
Additional template fields in ERC template
- Brand Industry Sector - Select from the dropdown options in the cell.
- Brand Vertical - Select from the dropdown options in the cell.
- TCR Universal EIN - This is the EIN/business registration number you entered during brand registration. Please copy this exactly the way it appears on your TCR brand page.
- Publicly Traded - Select from the dropdown options in the cell.
- TCR Vetted Score - This is the brand score. If you performed an appeal, please include the latest score based on the appeal.
- Vetted Source - If you did not perform an appeal, please select TCR. If you did go for an appeal and got a new score, please select Aegis. The source should correspond to the score you entered in the "TCR Vetted Score" field.