Before we begin
Due to regulatory requirements, there is sometimes a need for documents to be signed by customers to ensure that registrations are done on behalf of customers that have the right to use the Sender ID. This serves to ensure that traffic is coming from legitimate sources and minimizes any potential misuse.
This article outlines the documentation requirements for a pre-registration in UAE.
Things to note
- Separate registration process for Transactional and Promotional Senders. Promotional Senders are only accepted for Domestic Entities.
- Promotional Sender IDs must have an AD- prefix, which takes up 3 characters of the 11 character limit.
- The UAE promotional content allowed window time is (7 AM to 9 PM UAE time).
- The end client's Company Name and Sender ID have to be relevant to each other. In case the company name is different from the sender ID, but the sender ID is a brand of that company, then the client should provide trademark certificate or brand name mentioned on the trade license, which proves that the sender ID is a brand of that company. Or any document issue from UAE authorized regulatory to prove the company and brand relation.
- In the case of the Medical Sender ID - MOH is mandatory. MOH licensing is an official permit given to healthcare professionals to keep a medical practice in UAE. In order to get the license, they need to get through the exam conducted by the Ministry of Health and Prevention in UAE.
If the company does not have MOH, DOH licensing is required to be submitted.
- For International Only: All URLs in SMS messages have to be registered with providers
To register your Alphanumeric Sender ID, the UAE network operators Etisalat and Du requires that you provide the following documents, which will be dependant on the origination of your Company and the traffic that you plan to send:
- Transactional UAE LOA (For all customers sending Transactional traffic)
- Domestic Promotional UAE LOA (Only for Domestic customers sending Promotional traffic)
- Domestic Promotional Sender Authorisation Form (Only for Domestic customers sending Promotional traffic)
- TRA Undertaking Sender ID Registration Form - Direct Connectivity (For all customers)
- Trade Licence (Only required for Domestic customers)
- Passport and Visa page of the actual end user (Only required for Domestic customers)
- Emirates ID of the actual end user (Only required for Domestic customers)
- Certificate of Incorporation (Only required for International customers)
To get you up and running as quickly as possible, please fill out the documents completely and accurately and provide any other required information. Use the examples provided for guidance. Note that mobile network carriers are very strict about the details! We highly recommend that you download the examples (hit right click, and select 'Save Image As...') and do a side by side comparison when you are filling out the documents.
Provide the Undertaking Document for Sender ID Registration
This Undertaking document authorizes Twilio, Inc. to register and send branded SMS messages on your behalf.
Once you have downloaded the form, follow these general instructions:
- Fill in the yellow highlighted fields—completely replace each field with your own information. If a field is not highlighted, don’t change it.
- If you have questions on how to fill in the required fields, refer to the annotated examples we provided for each field.
- Have the documents signed by an authorized signatory of the Sender.
- In the yellow highlighted fields, add the Sender’s letterhead and/or logo, and sign where indicated.
- Go to the Twilio Alpha Sender ID Registration Page and upload your forms and registration information for the UAE.
Required fields include:
- Trade License/Ruler's Decree Number
- Sender Company’s letterhead
- Alphanumeric Sender ID requested
- Sender Company Name
- Type of business/industry
- SMS Sample
- Purpose of Use
- Sender Company's Website
- Sender Company Address
- Sender Company Phone Number
- Sender Company Fax Number
- Name of Authorized Signatory
- Signature of Authorized Signatory
- Designation of Authorized Signatory
- City, Country of Authorized Signatory
- ID Card Number of Authorized Signatory
- Sender Company HQ/branch country
- Sender Company Stamp