Before we begin
Due to regulatory requirements, there is sometimes a need for documents to be signed by customers to ensure that registrations are done on behalf of customers that have the right to use the Sender ID. This serves to ensure that traffic is coming from legitimate sources and minimizes any potential misuse.
This article outlines the documentation requirements for a pre-registration in UAE.
Things to note
- Separate registration process for Transactional and Promotional Senders. Promotional Senders are only accepted for Domestic Entities.
- Promotional Sender IDs must have an AD- prefix, which takes up 3 characters of the 11 character limit.
To register your Alphanumeric Sender ID, the UAE network operators Etisalat and Du requires that you provide the following documents, which will be dependant on the origination of your Company and the traffic that you plan to send:
- Transactional UAE LOA (For all customers sending Transactional traffic)
- Domestic Promotional UAE LOA (Only for Domestic customers sending Promotional traffic)
- Domestic Promotional Sender Authorisation Form (Only for Domestic customers sending Promotional traffic)
- International Transactional UAE LOA (Only for International customers sending Transactional traffic)
- Trade Licence (For International Companies, this can also be Business license/Commercial Licence/Incorporation Certificate(for India)
To get you up and running as quickly as possible, please fill out the documents completely and accurately and provide any other required information. Use the examples provided for guidance. Note that mobile network carriers are very strict about the details! We highly recommend that you download the examples (hit right click, and select 'Save Image As...') and do a side by side comparison when you are filling out the documents.
Provide the Undertaking Document for Sender ID Registration
This Undertaking document authorizes Twilio, Inc. to register and send branded SMS messages on your behalf.
Once you have downloaded the form, follow these general instructions:
- Fill in the yellow highlighted fields—completely replace each field with your own information. If a field is not highlighted, don’t change it.
- If you have questions on how to fill in the required fields, refer to the annotated examples we provided for each field.
- Have the documents signed by an authorized signatory of the Sender.
- In the yellow highlighted fields, add the Sender’s letterhead and/or logo, and sign where indicated.
- Go to the Twilio Alpha Sender ID Registration Page and upload your forms and registration information for the UAE.
Required fields include:
- Trade License/Ruler's Decree Number
- Sender Company’s letterhead
- Alphanumeric Sender ID requested
- Sender Company Name
- Type of business/industry
- SMS Sample
- Purpose of Use
- Sender Company's Website
- Sender Company Address
- Sender Company Phone Number
- Sender Company Fax Number
- Name of Authorized Signatory
- Signature of Authorized Signatory
- Designation of Authorized Signatory
- City, Country of Authorized Signatory
- ID Card Number of Authorized Signatory
- Sender Company HQ/branch country
- Sender Company Stamp