Before we begin
Due to regulatory requirements, there is sometimes a need for documents to be signed by customers to ensure that registrations are done on behalf of customers that have the right to use the Sender ID. This serves to ensure that traffic is coming from legitimate sources and minimizes any potential misuse.
This article outlines the documentation requirements for a pre-registration in Kenya.
To register your Alphanumeric Sender ID, the Kenyan network operators MTN and Airtel require that you provide the following document:
- Letter of Authorization (LOA) (Only for Domestic requests)
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation (Only for International requests)
To get you up and running as quickly as possible, please fill out the documents completely and accurately and provide any other required information. Use the examples provided for guidance. Note that mobile network carriers are very strict about the details! We highly recommend that you download the examples (hit right click, and select 'Save Image As...') and do a side by side comparison when you are filling out the documents.
Complete the LOA
The LOA authorizes Twilio, Inc., to register and send branded SMS messages on your behalf.
Once you have downloaded the form, follow these general instructions:
- Fill in the yellow highlighted fields—completely replace each field with your own information. If a field is not highlighted, don’t change it.
- Have the documents signed by an authorized signatory of the Sender.
- Upload the forms.
Required fields include:
- Sender company’s letterhead
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Name and Title of authorized signatory
- Alphanumeric Sender ID requested
- Sender ID Use Case (OTP / Account Notification / Marketing)
- Signature of authorized signatory
- Sample message template
LOA for Domestic Requests