Before we begin
Due to regulatory requirements, there is sometimes a need for documents to be signed by customers to ensure that registrations are done on behalf of customers that have the right to use the Sender ID. This serves to ensure that traffic is coming from legitimate sources and minimizes any potential misuse.
This article outlines the documentation requirements for a pre-registration in Saudi Arabia.
To register your Alphanumeric Sender ID, the Saudi Arabian network operator Zain requires that you provide the following information :
- No Objection Certificate (NOC)
To get you up and running as quickly as possible, please fill out the documents completely and accurately and provide any other required information. Use the examples provided for guidance. Note that mobile network carriers are very strict about the details! We highly recommend that you download the examples (hit right click, and select 'Save Image As...') and do a side by side comparison when you are filling out the documents.
Once you have downloaded the forms, follow these general instructions:
- Fill in the yellow highlighted fields—completely replace each field with your own information. If a field is not highlighted, don’t change it.
- If you have questions on how to fill in the required fields, refer to the annotated examples we provided for each field.
- Have the documents signed by an authorized signatory of the Sender.
- In the green highlighted fields, add the Sender’s letterhead and/or logo, and sign where indicated.
- Upload the forms.
Provide the NOC
This document certifies your company will be responsible for all messages sent out using this Alphanumeric Sender ID and that your company will abide by the anti-spamming regulations of the Saudi Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC).
Required fields include:
- Sender company’s letterhead
- Sender company name
- Business Registration Number
- Alphanumeric Sender ID requested
- SMS Type (Transactional / Promotional)
- Brief description of Sender usage (OTP / Account notification / Marketing)
- Name and Title of authorized signatory
- Contact number of sender company
- Email of sender company
- Signature of authorized signatory
- Sender company stamp