Before we begin
Due to regulatory requirements, there is sometimes a need for documents to be signed by customers to ensure that registrations are done on behalf of customers that have the right to use the Sender ID. This serves to ensure that traffic is coming from legitimate sources and minimizes any potential misuse.
This article outlines the documentation requirements for a pre-registration in Indonesia.
To register your Alphanumeric Sender ID, the Indonesian mobile network operators require that you provide the following information:
- Screenshots of your website’s home page and user sign-in pages
- Screenshot of NPWP card (if applicable)
- Message Format form
- Letters of Authorization (LOAs) for each carrier (available for download here)
- If your company is incorporated in Indonesia, complete the documents in the Domestic Customer Templates folder
- If your company is incorporated outside of Indonesia, complete the documents in the International Customer Templates folder
To get you up and running as quickly as possible, please fill out the documents completely and accurately and provide any other required information. Use the examples provided for guidance. Note that mobile network carriers are very strict about the details!
We highly recommend that you download the examples (hit right click, and select 'Save Image As...') and do a side by side comparison when you are filling out the documents.
Provide required screenshots
You will need to provide the screenshots/scan of the following:
- Your website’s home page
- The user sign-in page, from both the website and the mobile application
- NPWP card (if applicable)
The examples below show a sign-in page on a website and in a mobile application. Please capture the whole screen whenever possible (along with app logo and/or website url). The purpose of this is to show where the opt-in to SMS happens, and where the input of the OTP (if applicable) happens.
The example below shows an NPWP card - this is a card that is only available to entities based in Indonesia. In the case that you are an international company based outside of Indonesia, you will not need to provide this.
Complete the Message Format form and the LOAs
Once you have downloaded the forms, follow these general instructions:
- Fill in the yellow highlighted fields—completely replace each field with your own information. If a field is not highlighted, don’t change it.
- If you have questions on how to fill in the required fields, refer to the annotated examples we provided for each field.
- Have the documents signed by an authorized signatory of the Sender.
- In the green highlighted fields, add the Sender’s letterhead and/or logo, and sign where indicated.
- Upload the forms.
Complete the Message Format form
This document is a template used by the MNOs to register your Alphanumeric Sender ID and sample SMS messages. The fields for both domestic and international requests are the same; however, you must affix the Materai for domestic requests (only).
Note: The Sender ID entry here is case-sensitive! Please match what you're requesting, as well as the Sender ID that you're putting in your LOAs.
Complete the LOAs
Most operators in Indonesia require an LOA to be signed and stamped. This LOA authorizes Twilio, Inc., to register and send branded SMS messages on your behalf.
Each LOA includes an English and a Bahasa Indonesian section. Please fill out both sections.
- If the Sender is based in Indonesia and has a materai, use the Domestic LOAs in the Domestic Customer Templates subfolder in the Indonesia Customer Documents folder you have downloaded.
- If the Sender is based outside Indonesia, use the International LOAs in the International Customer Templates subfolder in the Indonesia Customer Documents folder you have downloaded.
Each LOA requires the following information:
- Sender company’s letterhead
- Alphanumeric Sender ID requested
- Sender company’s nature of work/industry (e.g., Information Technology, Retail, Transportation, Consumer Goods)
- Title and name of Sender’s authorized signatory (e.g., CEO, CFO)
- Signature of authorized signatory
- Sender company stamp
- Sample message template
- Sender materai
Note: We strongly recommend that you download the examples below as images and follow them, field by field, when filling out the LOAs. We would also like to note that effective 2021, there is a revision in the meterai stamp cost, and we request that you verify the needed stamp amount beforehand.
LOAs for Domestic Requests
LOAs for International Requests
Note: Smartfren LOAs are no longer required for International companies