Voice Insights gives Twilio customers access to call quality metrics, performance insights, and reporting tools. Insights customers gain access to important call information information including the sending and receiving carriers, which side hung up first, the SIP response, and post-dial delay (PDD). We also offer views into finer details, such as jitter, packet loss, event tagging for state changes and issue detection, and more. Insights also gives users access to advanced analytics to help identify trends, and diagnose potential issues.
Continue reading for more information on Voice Insight options, and how it works.
Basic and Advanced Insights
Insights is available in two different versions:
The Basic version of Voice Insights is now included for free to all Twilio customers. This gives users access to Insights Call Summary tab on your calls to see details like the carriers involved, last SIP response, post-dial delay (PDD), media latency, and who hung up. You also get access to the Insights Overview Dashboard to see aggregate call data.
Advanced Voice insights includes everything in the basic version, as well as access to the Insights Call Summary Metrics tab. This allows you to see the call and SDK event tracking, and network performance graphs for your calls. You also get access to the Voice Insights API to programmatically pull this data. For more details, please see Voice Insights Advanced Features (Twilio Docs).
Enable Advanced Voice Insights
Twilio customers can enable Advanced Voice Insights from Console. Please note, if you're logged into a sub-account by default, you will first need to exit the subaccount view, and switch to your master account. Once viewing the master account, you can then enable insights on a subaccount as desired.
- Access the Voice Insights Settings page in Console.
- Click to check the Voice Insights Advanced Features box.
- Click Save.
View Insights Data for a Call in Console
- Access the Call Logs page in Console.
- Click the timestamp for the desired call log.
- From the Call Details page, click the desired tab to view Insights data.
- Insights Summary: View a summary of the call, including details about the phone numbers involved, which side hung up first, post-dial delay (PDD), and the final SIP response code.
- Metrics (Advanced Insights customers only): View the average and maximum jitter numbers (for the incoming and outgoing streams), packet loss, and any tagged quality issues.
View Insights Data for a Call via the REST API
Advanced Voice Insights customers have access to their insights data via HTTP GET requests to a Call SID's
Summary sub-resource. For full details, including a list of properties and code samples, please see Voice Insights: Call Summary Resources (Twilio Docs).
View Insights Reporting
Reporting can be viewed from the Insights Overview page in Console. Here you can see aggregate call data for the enabled call types up to the last 30 days.
For a detailed walkthrough, please see Voice Insights Dashboard (Twilio Docs).