Per the Canadian Local Number Portability Consortium (CLNPC), Twilio customers must apply for authorization with the CLNPC in order to receive carrier information on Canadian phone numbers via the Lookup API. Without access, the following attributes will return
null and a 60601 error will be returned when calling Carrier Lookup on a Canadian phone number via the Lookup API or in the Twilio Console:
How to Request Access
In order to gain access to this data, you must apply for non-member access with the CLNPC and pay an annual contract fee directly to the CLNPC. Please complete the following steps to gain access.
- Navigate to https://clnpc.ca/non-member-access and read instructions in entirety.
- In your Application Form, in the Connectivity to the NPAC section, please select Indirect Connection, and specify in the description, "Access data through Twilio's Lookup API product: https://www.twilio.com/lookup"
- After submitting your application, CLNPC review will take up to a few weeks. Review may include CLNPC reaching out with questions.
- Once the process is complete, CLNPC will send the approval to Twilio. We will enable access on your Twilio account in about 1-3 days.
- Lookups to Canadian phone numbers on your account will no longer return a 60601 error and will return data.
If you have any questions, please contact CLNPC Support.
Notice:This additional approval for the Lookup API is exclusive to Canada; all other countries operate as expected.