If you have customers of your own, subaccounts can be a great way to group numbers and usage while still maintaining a single billing relationship with Twilio. Each subaccount is essentially its own account, and each has its own unique Account SID and Auth Token.
Creating a subaccount is easier than ever in Twilio’s Console:
1. Log into your Twilio account and go to the Subaccounts section.
2. Create your subaccount:
- If you have never added a subaccount to your Twilio account, click on the button.
- If you already have a subaccount, then click on the button next to the search box.
3. Enter a friendly name for your new subaccount when prompted and then click the button.
4. Your new subaccount will appear in subaccount list.
To view your new subaccount, including its auth token and Account SID, click the button. Once you view your subaccount, it will change all account pages to that of the subaccount you selected. To return to you Master Account, you will need to select it from the account drop down menu in the upper right corner:
If you’d like to programmatically create subaccounts through our API, you can learn more by heading here.