Yes, you can. When you apply for your short code, please provide answers to the following questions:
- How you are planning to use your short code?
- What kind of devices will your short code send messages to?
- What actions will the messages trigger?
- How will the devices be configured to receive messages from your short code?
- Who owns the devices that your short code will send messages to?
- Will the short code be advertised or accessible to end users at all?
- Are there any cases in which the short code will be used to send messages to an end user’s handset (rather than a pre-configured device)?
Note: even short codes intended for machine-to-machine use cases must respond to the keywords HELP and STOP with compliant messages. For full details about short code campaign requirements, please see our article Industry Standards for Short Code Campaigns.