- High risk financial services (payday loans, non-direct lenders, short term-high interest loans, auto and mortgage loans from a 3rd party, student loans)
- Products or services which are not legal both federally and in all 50 states (CBD, Cannabis)
- Debt forgiveness/repair programs
- Debt collection (past due payment reminders and notifications)
- Work & investment opportunities
- Third party aggregation services (loan aggregators, job boards, insurance aggregators, etc)
- Lead generation campaigns that indicate the sharing of collected information with third parties
- Messaging which directly competes with wireless offerings from telcos
- Shared short codes (multiple brands on one code with no single message controller)
These campaigns have been identified as contributing to significant complaints of unwanted messaging by consumers. Twilio will not submit any applications from the above categories to US carriers for review.
Additionally, carriers have considerable discretion over the SMS traffic that they permit on their networks and may decide to reject other types of campaigns from time to time for reasons they alone determine.