SMS/Messages is a deprecated resource that we no longer maintain or updated and may be removed in future versions of the Twilio API.
Newly released features are only available in the/Messages resource. We highly recommend you to move onto the new /Messages resource for your application. The change normally involves a quick helper library update and a few lines of code changes. Check out the sample code on how to use the new endpoint to send messages.
For your reference, below is a sample list of features that are available only in the /Messages resource:
- Send concatenated messages with up to 1600 characters
- Receive message delivery status information of your messages
- Send MMS messages in the US and Canada
- Take advantage of the “MaxPrice” parameter to control message costs
- Utilize Messaging Services
- Access to detailed delivery steps in the SMS log within Console
- Send messages to non-SMS channels like WhatsApp.