You can create TwiML Apps to be used with your custom Twilio applications via Console, or the REST API. TwiML Apps point to a webhook, and can be used just like a normal webhook URL. They are also a requirement for Twilio Client capability tokens.
Create a TwiML App in Console
- Login to your project at www.twilio.com/console.
- Click either Programmable Voice >TwiML > TwiML Apps or Programmable Messaging > Tools > TwiML Apps.
- Click the red + sign icon , or Create new TwiML App.
- Fill out the TwiML App form as desired, and then click Save.
- Properties - Friendly name: Enter the desired name for your app
- Voice - Request URL: Enter the URL for your voice app webhook, and then select HTTP POST or GET. Click Show optional settings to add a fallback url, callback url, or enable caller name lookups.
- Messaging - Request URL: Enter the URL for your sms app webhook, and then select HTTP POST or GET. Click Show optional settings to add a fallback url or callback url.
Create a TwiML App via the REST API
TwiML apps can also be created via an HTTP POST request to the Applications resource. For full details, including sample code, please see our API documentation for the Applications Instance resource.