Twilio is a developer platform so coding may be necessary to build your communications application. While Twilio does not provide programming professional services, some useful tools are available which may help to get you up and running with minimal coding.
Twimlets are a Twilio hosted service which can be configured for basic voice functionality without any programming. Twimlets are available for many popular use cases, including call forwarding, voicemail, conferencing and simultaneous dialing. Twimlets are also open source, so if you'd prefer to download the code to your server, you can modify to suit your exact needs.
How to use Twimlets
- Find the Twimlet that fits for your use case - click here for the full list
- Use the Twimlet Generator to construct your Twimlet.
- The Twimlet Generator will generate a red URL for you that encapsulates your call flow. Copy this URL.
- Configure your phone number. You can find your number by going to the manage numbers page for your account. Clicking on the red phone number will take you to the setup page for that number.
- Once you've made it to the phone number's setup page, paste the Twimlet URL you copied into the Voice Request URL field and press save.
OpenVBX is an open source PHP application that provides a user interface to manage Twilio phone numbers and build custom voice and SMS call flows. You may install OpenVBX on your own server (requires some programming knowledge), or work with a hosting provider (some provide one click setup for OpenVBX). Once the OpenVBX application is installed you may create custom Twilio flows using your web browser and a drag and drop interface.
Links to help you get started:
Consider a pre-built Twilio powered solution
You can be up and running today using a Twilio solution from one of our partners.
If these solutions don't fit your needs, you can find a developer to help build your Twilio solution. Our developer gallery has hundreds of developers specializing in nearly every web technology, making it easy to find the right person to help you build your Twilio solution. If you already have a developer that you are working with, also note that any web developer should be able to work with Twilio.