Users who have two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled on their Twilio account via SMS or voice calls are able to change their contact phone number from from Twilio Console at any time. This guide walks you through the process.
Notice: 2FA is a required security feature for all paid Twilio accounts, and can only be disabled on free trial accounts. For full details, see Enable Two-Factor Authentication on your Twilio Account.
- Access the User Settings page in the right top corner of the Console, by clicking your name.
Note: If the User Settings page is gray, you may need to re-authenticate. Click Authenticate to make changes at the bottom of the screen, and then verify your credentials again to continue.
- Scroll to the "Phone Number" section, and then click Remove phone number.
Note: If no phone number is listed, skip to Step 5.
- Click Remove Phone Number to confirm.
- Click Add phone number.
- Enter the desired phone number for use with two-factor authentication, and then click Send code via SMS.
NOTE: We recommend using a non-Twilio phone number for 2FA, otherwise users may be unable to access their account in the case of a suspension.
- Enter the two-factor authentication code you received, and then click Verify.
Note: Click Receive a call if you would rather receive an automated call with the authentication code.
- An emergency recovery recovery code will be displayed; please make a note of it. When you’re ready to complete this process, click Finish and continue to the dashboard.