You can change the phone number you are using for SMS or voice call two-factor authentication (2FA) from Twilio Console. This guide walks you through the process.
Notice: 2FA can be enabled or disabled from the Settings pages in Console. For full details, see Enable two-factor authentication on your Twilio project.
- Access the User Settings page in Console.
- If the User Settings page is gray, you may need to re-authenticate. Click Authenticate to make changes at the bottom of the screen, and then verify your credentials again to continue.
- Click Remove phone number.
Note: If no phone number is listed, skip to Step 5.
- Click Remove Phone Number.
- Click Add phone number.
- Enter the desired phone number for use with two-factor authentication, and then click Send code via SMS.
- Enter the two-factor authentication code you received, and then click Verify.
Note: Click Receive a call if you would rather receive an automated call with the authentication code.
- An emergency recovery recovery code will be displayed; please make a note of it. When you’re ready to complete this process, click Finish and continue to the dashboard.