Users who have two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled on their Twilio account via SMS or voice calls are able to change their contact phone number from Twilio Console at any time. This guide walks you through the process.
Notice: 2FA is a required security feature for all paid Twilio accounts, and can only be disabled on free trial accounts. For full details, see Enable Two-Factor Authentication on your Twilio Account.
- Access the User Settings page in the right top corner of the Console, by clicking your name.
- Verification code sent to your email address is required to access the user setting page. Once you receive the code, please enter the code and click “Verify”.
- Go to the “Two-factor authentication (2FA)” section and click “Edit”.
- Click Reset next to the phone number.
Note: If no phone number is listed, skip to Step 5.
- Read the pop up text and select the checkbox then click Reset and continue.
- Click + Add phone based verification.
- Enter the desired phone number for use with two-factor authentication, and then click Send code via SMS.
NOTE: We recommend using a non-Twilio phone number for 2FA, otherwise users may be unable to access their account in the case of a suspension.
- Enter the two-factor authentication code you received, and then click Verify.
Note: Click Receive a call if you would rather receive an automated call with the authentication code.
- An emergency recovery recovery code will be displayed; please make a note of it. When you’re ready to complete this process, click Finish and continue to the dashboard.