Twilio's paid support plans are billed on a per-month, flat rate basis. Upgrade this month, downgrade the next, or move back to the free plan. It's that simple.
If you purchase a plan on the first day of the month, and elect to downgrade the next day, you will still pay for the full month. You will be entitled to what the plan offers for the entire month, even if you downgraded on the second day of the month. You do not pay a per-day rate.
On the other hand, if you decide to upgrade to a higher level plan during the month, we pro-rate the amount of credit you've used for the current month and apply the remaining balance of your original plan to the upgrade payment.
A fictitious example:
- Let's say you purchased one plan on the first of the month for $1000
- You decide on the 15th of the month to upgrade to a different plan that costs $2000
- Your initial $1000 payment is pro-rated proportionally for the 15 days (50% of the month) you've already used the initial plan -- $500 of your initial $1000 payment is credited towards the new plan
- As a result, you will pay an additional $1500 for the new plan
- Your renewal date will be reset to the date you upgraded (the 15th), and you will renew at the standard plan price of $2000 on the 15th of the following month