Moving Numbers Between Projects
Moving numbers between Twilio projects can only be done by Twilio support, and only after the owners of both the losing and gaining projects consent to the move. If you wish to move one of your numbers to another user’s Twilio project, please follow these steps:
- In order to prove that everyone knows what is going on, both project owners should first login to their Twilio project.
- After logging into your Twilio project, both owners should use the Talk to Support page to make identical support requests:
- Fill out this form and provide the following information:
- Which numbers to move
- The Account SID for the project which will be losing the number
- The Account SID for the project which will be gaining the number
Numbers can be moved instantly between the two projects with no downtime, but if there is a specific time when you would like the transfer to take place, please let us know.
Moving Numbers Between Subaccounts and a Project
If you have numbers in a subaccount and want to move these numbers to your main Twilio project, you can do this on your own using the REST API. Just follow these instructions to exchange phone numbers between accounts.