Yes. Carriers have special requirements for any sweepstakes program where end users enter, win, or otherwise participate by means of a short code. Customers wishing to run sweepstakes programs on a Twilio short code must complete an additional form provided to them by the short code team.
Furthermore, you must:
- Ensure that the sweepstakes rules are available on your company’s or brand’s web page.
- Provide Twilio with a printed copy of the sweepstakes rules by attaching the rules to your initial short code application or emailing them to email@example.com.
Rules for sweepstakes must include:
- Effective dates of the sweepstakes.
- A list of all states where participation in the sweepstake is available.
- A list the Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the prizes.
Lastly, the location of the rules must be listed in the Call To Action (e.g., web page, point-of-sale printed material, etc.).