Alphanumeric Sender IDs can be registered to comply with country requirements via the Twilio Console. This creates a request to register an Alphanumeric Sender ID with Twilio's Sender ID team. The Sender ID team will register the Alphanumeric Sender ID with the telecommunication carriers in the country where messages will be sent and follow up with you via an automatically created support ticket.
- How to register an Alphanumeric Sender ID
- Check your Alphanumeric Sender ID Registration Applications
- Check your Registered Alphanumeric Sender IDs
How to register an Alphanumeric Sender ID
You can register an Alphanumeric Sender ID for one or more countries at a time directly in the Twilio Console by navigating to "Phone Numbers -> Alphanumeric Sender ID". You can also find a direct link here.
Ensure you are registering the Alphanumeric Sender ID in the parent account or subaccount that will use the Alphanumeric Sender ID. You can select the account in the top left corner of the Twilio Console.
You will need to provide the following information to complete Alphanumeric Sender ID Registration:
- The Alphanumeric Sender ID you want to use. Some countries may require specific formats. The console will prompt you if this is required for one of the countries you have selected
- Specify if the traffic is transactional or promotional
- Specify if you are the sender or if you are registering the Sender on behalf of someone else, eg. ISV end clients
- Documentation specific to the destination country. The console will prompt you with links to the required documentation for each country you select
- Business information such as address, email etc. This can be provided manually or through a Twilio Customer Profile
- An estimate of your monthly SMS volume, use case and message body examples
You can save and resume an application at any point in the registration flow.
Once you have sent your application, a ticket will be created automatically with Twilio's Sender ID team who will update you on the status of the registration. You will also see the application progress in the "Applications" tab of the console.
Check your Alphanumeric Sender ID Registration Applications
You can check the progress of your registration applications directly in the Twilio Console by navigating to "Phone Numbers -> Alphanumeric Sender ID" and selecting the "Applications" tab. You can also find a direct link here.
Your application will be in one of the following statuses:
Draft: You have started an application but it has not yet been sent for review. To continue with your application:
- Click the three buttons in the action column
- Click "Continue Application"
- Submitted: Your application has been submitted to Twilio's Sender ID team. The "Country" column indicates the progress of each country you submitted the application for.
- Completed: All the countries in your application have moved from "In Progress" to "Completed". You can now use your registered Alphanumeric Sender ID.
Check your Registered Alphanumeric Sender IDs
You can check which Alphanumeric Sender IDs you have registered and in which countries directly in the Twilio Console by navigating to "Phone Numbers -> Alphanumeric Sender ID" and selecting the "Sender ID List" tab. You can also find a direct link here.
If your Alphanumeric Sender ID is in different statuses across multiple countries, click into the Alphanumeric Sender ID name to see the specific status for each country.