Beginning on December 1, 2023, some outbound calls to Ireland mobile phone carriers may be billed at surcharged rates. This guide explains where these changes are occurring, and how to identify them.
Affected call types
The following call types made to Ireland Mobile numbers may be charged at a surcharged rate:
Calls made from an international phone number from a country in the surcharged list: These calls will be charged with new surcharged billable items in place of standard "Ireland Mobile" billable items.
Calls made with modified, missing, invalid, incorrectly formatted, or Anonymous caller-IDs: These may include the following type of calls:
- Any call with anonymous as the calling number
- Malformed or invalid calling numbers.
- Any calls having an international calling number with an incorrect format.
- Any calls with dummy calling numbers, including the use of usernames as the CLI.
How can I identify surcharges?
Surcharged pricing can be identified by the following billable Items:
- Programmable Outbound Minute - Ireland - Mobile - from SurchargedZone 1
- Programmable Outbound Minute - Ireland - Mobile - from SurchargedZone 2
- Trunking Outbound Minute - Ireland - Mobile - from SurchargedZone 1
- Trunking Outbound Minute - Ireland - Mobile - from SurchargedZone 2
What do I need to do?
To avoid your calls being billed at a surcharged rate, we recommend the following actions:
- Ensure that your calls comply with the Caller-ID restrictions mentioned above.
- Use an outbound From number for making these calls that is based in a country with no surcharge. For help finding a phone number from a non-surcharged country, see How to Search for and Buy a Twilio Phone Number from Console.
For help changing your outgoing caller ID, see the following resources:
Which countries fall under the surcharge list?
|Zone 1 Countries
|Zone 2 Countries