The Authy app uninstall process may vary, depending on your device and operating system. This guide provides general uninstall instructions for the following Authy apps:
Notice: If you plan to continue using Authy in the future, we recommend you enable backups before uninstalling the Authy app. Alternatively, installing Authy in another location (computer, tablet, etc.) and then enable multi-device. This will help regain access to your Authy account.
If you do not plan to continue using Authy in the future, we recommend that you disable 2FA or update security on your secured user accounts on the provider's website -BEFORE- uninstalling.
If you uninstall Authy prior to disabling 2FA security, you will be unable to login to your account.
Uninstall Authy on Android
These instructions may vary depending on device model and OS version. Full details for uninstalling apps on Android devices can be found on your device manufacturer's support site, Google's website here: Google Play Help: Delete Apps on your Android Device (support.google.com).
- Access Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- Scroll to and tap the Authy app.
- Tap Uninstall.
- On the confirmation screen, tap OK.
Uninstall Authy on iOS
These instructions may vary depending on device model and OS version. Full details for uninstalling apps on iOS devices can be found on Apple's website here: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (support.apple.com).
- Tap and hold the Authy app icon until it begins to shake.
- Tap the X icon in the corner of the icon.
- On the confirmation screen, tap Delete.
Uninstall Authy on Linux
Uninstall options may vary depending on the Linux distribution and version. In general, users can uninstall Authy by pasting the following command into a terminal window:
sudo snap remove authy
For more details, see your distro vendor's support site.
Uninstall Authy on MacOS (OSX)
These instructions may vary depending on model and OS version. Full details for uninstalling apps on MacOS/OSX can be found on Apple's website here: macOS User Guide: Install and uninstall apps from the internet or a disc on Mac (support.apple.com).
- Go to Authy Desktop and select the option Log out and reset device
- Access Finder.
- Click Applications.
- Drag the Authy Desktop app to the trash.
- Click the Finder menu bar, and then select Empty Trash.
Uninstall Authy on Windows
- Inside the Authy app click on Authy Desktop then select the option Log out and reset device
- Access Control Panel.
- Click either Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Select Authy Desktop, and then click Uninstall.