If you have deleted an Authy 2FA token by mistake, you may be able to recover it if you have previously enabled backups and sync on your Authy app, and are within 48 hours from the initial deletion. If you meet these requirements, you can recovery your token using the following processes.
Warning: Tokens marked for deletion are permanently removed from all devices and our servers after 48 hours have passed. This can not be undone or reversed.
Encrypted tokens will display a warning when deleting. Once approved, an encrypted token is permanently deleted. If you accidentally deleted an encrypted token, you will need to contact the provider you created the token with to regain access to your account.
Undelete a token on the Authy Desktop App (Windows, Linux, MacOS)
- Open the Authy Desktop app.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner.
- Click Accounts.
- Click the desired authenticator account.
- Click Undelete.
Undelete a token on the Authy Android App
- Open the Authy Android app.
- Tap the … (menu) icon in the upper right corner, and then select Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap the … (menu) icon next to the desired authenticator account and tap on Undelete.
Undelete a token on the Authy iOS App
- Open the Authy iOS app.
- Tap Settings in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Accounts at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see the token you marked for deletion and tap on Undelete.