Before we begin
Due to regulatory requirements, there is sometimes a need for documents to be signed by customers to ensure that registrations are done on behalf of customers that have the right to use the Sender ID. This serves to ensure that traffic is coming from legitimate sources and minimizes any potential misuse.
This article outlines the documentation requirements for a pre-registration for Domestic Sri Lanka companies.
Notice: If you are not based in Sri Lanka, these instructions will not apply to you. You will not need to provide any documentation to register your Sender ID.
To register your Alphanumeric Sender ID in Sri Lanka (Domestic), the networks in Sri Lanka require that you complete a Letter of Authorization.
To get you up and running as quickly as possible, please fill out the document completely and accurately and provide any other required information. Use the examples provided for guidance. Note that mobile network carriers are very strict about the details! We highly recommend that you download the examples (hit right click, and select 'Save Image As...') and do a side by side comparison when you are filling out the documents.
Provide the necessary information
The LOA authorizes Twilio, Inc., to register and send branded SMS messages on your company's behalf.
Once you have downloaded the form, follow these general instructions:
- Fill in the yellow highlighted fields—completely replace each field with your own information. If a field is not highlighted, don’t change it.
- Have the documents signed by an authorized signatory of the Sender.
- Sign and affix your company stamp where indicated.
- Upload the forms when registering
Required fields include:
- Sender company’s letterhead
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Alphanumeric Sender ID requested
- Sender ID Description
- Sample message template
- Name and Title of authorized signatory
- Signature of authorized signatory
- Sender company stamp