Twilio Studio allows you to drag and drop widgets to build a number of different Programmable Voice call flows. Here are steps for creating a simple call forwarding flow, and configuring it for use on your Twilio number.
Create a Call Forwarding Flow
- Access the Studio Flows page in Console.
- Click the blue + sign icon to create a new flow.
- Enter the desired name, and then click Next.
Call Forwarding, and then click Next.
- Click the forward_call widget, and then add the destination number you want calls to be forwarded in the Config tab settings on the right.
NOTE: We recommend using E.164 formatting for this number, which requires a + sign, followed by the country code, area code, and phone number. Check our Lookup tool if you’re unsure.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Config tab, and then click Save.
- Click Publish at the top of the Studio Flow.
Activate a Flow on a Twilio Number
When your flow is published, it can then be configured to handle incoming phone calls or text messages for Twilio phone numbers that support these products. Here’s how to add a flow to a phone number:
- Access the Active Numbers page in Console.
- Click the desired phone number.
- Scroll to the Voice section, and then make the following selections to add your Studio flow for incoming calls:
- CONFIGURE WITH: Webhooks, TwiML Bin, Function, Studio Flow, Proxy Service
- A CALL COMES IN: Studio Flow
- Select the desired flow.
- Click Save.