Twilio’s beta products are a great way to implement the latest Twilio technology in your product stack; however, since these products are still being tweaked by our teams to meet Twilio’s high quality standards of general availability (GA) releases, there are some caveats in support for beta products if you need help.
Products and features in developer preview and public beta are not covered by Twilio support agreements, and will not be supported via chat or paid phone support until after production launch. Customer help requests for developer preview and public beta will be handled by Twilio engineers to improve those products for general availability release. Because the help requests are handled by our engineering team, responses may take longer.
Additionally, the product documentation is evolving as the engineering team fixes bug and improves the product for GA. So you may experience some gaps or changes as the product is refined.
Lastly, there may be some compatibility issues between our officially released, GA products and beta products. Take care in where you put beta products in your stack and how wide you roll it out.
Here is a list of Twilio products currently in beta or developer preview:
- Answering Machine Detection
- Autopilot (Formerly Understand)
- Global Phone Numbers Catalog
- Hosted SMS
- Messaging Services API
- Marketplace Add-Ons
- Narrowband IoT
- Programmable Chat Media Messages
- Programmable Fax - Inbound (Outbound Fax and inbound to Japan are launched)
- Programmable Video Compositions API
- Programmable Voice Insights
- Programmable Voice Conference Events
- Projects (Console)
- Runtime Functions & Assets
- Runtime Debugger Webhook
- Super SIM
- Verification SDK for Android
- Verify V2
- WhatsApp Channel